Slider

Dumb and Dumber best script part

0

Dumb and dumber-I love this film, it was released in 1994 and become blockbuster film afterwards. The story is very simple and funny as one of the part of its script Below:



Image of lyod and harry on motorcycle  in dumb and dumber film




HIS POV - A BEGUILING MARY SWANSON IS TALKING WITH A COUPLE OF GUESTS. SHE'S WEARING A spectacular black cocktail dress. Lloyd quickly turns toward the bar. 
LLOYD (CONT'D) Oh shit, there she is. 

HARRY (checking her out) Wow. You weren't kidding, Lloyd. She's an angel. (beat) Well, what are you waiting for? Get over there and talk to her. 

LLOYD She's gonna think I'm some kind of psycho when she realizes how far I came just to see her.

 HARRY You have her briefcase she's gonna be thrilled to see you.

 LLOYD And then what? She'll take it back and that'll be it. I'm a nobody. Harry thinks about this a moment. 

HARRY Look, man, you just drove two thousand miles to see this girl. Don't quit on the last fifty feet.

 LLOYD (brightening) Wait a second, I have an idea. You go over and introduce yourself. That way you can build me up so when I come along I won't have to brag about myself. Tell her I'm good-looking and I'm rich and I have a rapist's wit. 

HARRY I can't tell her you're good looking, Lloyd she's got eyes. Lloyd takes a big gulp of his new martini.

 LLOYD Please Harry, I'm appealing to you as one loser to another. Just build me up and then give me a signal to come over. Please. Harry SIGHS. 

HARRY All right. But you're gonna owe me a big one for this. Harry straightens his polka-dot bow-tie, then APPROACHES Mary, who is now standing alone, admiring the owls. 

HARRY (CONT'D) Nice set of hooters you got there. Mary turns to Harry, stunned. 

MARY I beg your pardon? 

HARRY The owls. They're beautiful.

 MARY Oh. Yeah. (beat) Are you a bird lover? 

HARRY Well, I used to have a parakeet, but my main area of expertise is canines that's dogs to the layperson. She smiles at this.

 MARY Thanks. I love dogs, too. So how are you involved with them?

 HARRY Oh, I've trained them, bathed them, clipped them; I've even bred them. 

MARY Really? Any unusual breeding? 

HARRY Nah, mostly just doggie-style. But one time we successfully mated a Bulldog and a Shitzu.

 MARY Really? That's weird.

 HARRY Yeah. We called it a Bullshit. (breaks out LAUGHING) Just a little breeder joke. She seems strangely charmed by this.

 HARRY (CONT'D) Anyway, the real reason I came over is because I want to introduce you to a friend of mine. Just then, Mary's stepmother approaches. She's holding a martini and looking a little sloshed.

 HELEN Mary, I don't believe I've met your friend. 

MARY Actually, we haven't been introduced yet. (holds out hand) I'm Mary Swanson, and this is my stepmother, Helen. 

HARRY Harry Dunne. Pleasure meeting you both. 

HELEN I saw you come in earlier, Mr. Dunne. I was hoping we'd get a chance to meet. 

HARRY (taken aback) You were?

 HELEN That tuxedo I love a man with a sense of humor. So does Mary. Mary shoots Helen a look, then smiles at Harry. 

HARRY Really? For a moment, he's caught up in Mary's eyes, but then manages to snap out of it. 

HARRY (CONT'D) Anyway, about my friend you doing anything tomorrow, Mr. Dunne? Because I believe Mary's looking for somebody to hit the slopes with. Whuh? 

MARY Helen, you're embarrassing me. 

HELEN Well you are, aren't you? (to Harry) Poor girl doesn't get out enough. So what do you say, Harry? Are you available? Harry thinks about this, then looks across the room at a hopeful Lloyd.

 HARRY Oh, I don't know. You see, my friend your friends for one day. You and Mary will have a ball. Mary's captivating eyes meet his, waiting for an answer. 

HARRY (CONT'D) Um... well... I don't know. You see, the thing is... sure. ON LLOYD - he waits impatiently at the bar as Harry returns. 

Continued to full script

Sources; WWW.Imsdb.com





My best scene ever



The film was released on December 16, 1994. It grossed $247 million at the box office and has developed a cult following in the years since its release.The success of Dumb and Dumber launched the career of the Farrelly brothers and solidified Carrey's.The film also spawned an animated TV series, a 2003 prequel, and a 2014 sequel.

Sources; wikipedia
0

No comments

Post a Comment

disqus, mystorymag
© all rights reserved
made with by templateszoo